‘Tis the season for all things merry and bright. This year it seems everyone has been eager and ready for the holidays earlier than ever. We asked our agents to tell us a bit about some of their holiday traditions as well as fun things to do here in the Central Valley and along the central coast. Let’s dig in to what they had to say:
Must See Lights:
- Everyone that has lived in the Central Valley for at least a year has certainly heard about Christmas Tree Lane – a Fresno Tradition since 1920. This is at the top of our “must see” list for Christmas light lovers. This year’s event is a drive-thru event only. Click here to get all of the details.
- Check out Fresno Chaffee Zoo Lights with live entertainment, and miles of lights to enjoy along with the animals of course
- Holiday Fantasy of Lights Show at the Big Fresno Fair with special walking nights December 4th & 15th. Get full details here.
- At Robbins Ranch in Exeter, there is a free drive-through light display that we can recommend taking a trip for.
- Davis Family Christmas light display in Fresno is musically animated and so much fun!
- Check out these neighborhood light displays we think are worth checking out:
- Neighborhood off of Court St. just north of Caldwell. Blain Park
- Eastoak Estates on Comstock and Houston and the surrounding area
- Candy Cane Lane at Peach & Alluvial in Clovis
Must Do Events:
- Vossler Farms is having their first ever Christmas Season at the farm with ice skating, lights, holiday hayrides, and more.
- Winter Wonderland in Downtown Hanford – another opportunity for ice skating! And more festive cheer to keep you in the holiday spirit!
- Ford Farms Country Christmas complete with photos of Santa and the Grinch, tractor rides, petting zoo, food vendors and crafts. Plan a trip for DEcember 4th, 11th, or 18th.
- Merced’s Santa’s Workshop on 12/15
- Mrs. Claus and You at the The Enchanted Corner in Selma
- Doesn’t a horse drawn carriage ride sound ridiculously festive and Hallmark Movie-esque? Check it out in Old Town Clovis on weekends in December
- The Cambria Christmas Market is running now thru 12/23 and is such a fun and festive way to get some holiday shopping in with local vendors.
- The Columbia State Historic Park has A Miner’s Christmas running December 18th and 19th that looks like it will be a fun historic look back at Christmas during the gold rush days.
- Take a quick trip to the coast to Roaring Camp Railroad in Felton for their Holiday Lights Train
- Jesus is the reason for the season and the best way to celebrate Jesus is to visit The Living Nativity in Riverdale December 22nd-25th
We also asked our agents about what they like to do year after year for the holidays. They told us a few ideas we think sound fun and encourage you to try out or incorporate into your holidays this year:
- Try making a new ornament for the tree and make sure to add the year to the back so it will be like a time capsule to un-earth every year
- Lana, our Office Manager, tells us that every year the children in her family choose gifts to donate to other children. She said that is warms her heart to see how happy it makes them when they are choosing a gift for another child
- Raise your hand if you are on the matching Christmas Jammies train! We are and we love seeing everyone’s photos in matching family pjs
- Have you ever had a Secret Santa? Such a fun thing to incorporate at the office or with siblings, friends, neighbors, etc…
- What about the classic White Elephant gift exchange? Can be so fun to see the wacky gifts people bring and then have to take home.
- Like the snow? Make a trip up to Shaver Lake and have that quintessential winter magic moment with a snow angel or snowman building.
The last thing we asked our DBRE family to weigh in with was some practical tips or advice to have a joyful holiday season… read through them – we think you will notice a theme:
Tips/Advice to enjoy the season
- Take an hour or a day to catch up with family – no phones!
- Turn on the Christmas music on your car radio ASAP
- Spend as much time as possible with each other around the dining table eating, in the kitchen cooking, and in the living room fellowshipping. Don’t forget to give lots of hugs!!!!
- Slow down and enjoy your friends and family!
- Always dress comfy, there’s always too much good food to pass, so wear those stretchy pants 😋😋
- Enjoy the moments with your family, be present and Jesus loves you
- Focus on people- NOT gifts, be present
- Hurry up and get to the closest Dutch Bros to order Darian’s fav drink from their holiday menu. He has some expert tips to make this the best drink of your life – he says you will thank him later 😉
- The Caramel Pumpkin Brule
- You’ll want to add sweetener
- Lite pumpkin around the cup
- And ask them to add 4 ounces of soft top
- The Caramel Pumpkin Brule
There you have it folks… lights to see, events to attend, traditions to implement and some reminders to make this the best holiday season ever. Did we miss anything? If you have a favorite neighborhood to visit for lights, or an event that you feel like everyone needs to do – let us know!