One of the things we are most proud of is the way that we invest a predetermined (and ever growing) portion of our earnings into supporting our community. We love the way that each buyer or seller we work with is giving us another opportunity to make a difference in our community. At Dani Blain Real Estate we have built our brokerage from the ground up with giving as one of our foundational pillars.
If you follow us on social media, or here on our blog, you have probably seen us mention some of the groups we support all over Central California. Our roots in this community are strong and we serve our clients well, so we can in turn serve our community well. Dani’s late husband, Kevin Blain laid the foundation for always giving back and when Dani created this brokerage after his passing, she knew she would continue the philanthropy that was close to her heart.
At Dani Blain Real Estate we love that giving is a team effort and we love to see the way that our agents and their families participate. We have several charities and nonprofits in the community that we work with and support and look forward to continuing to do so – all because of our clients! Our clients make it possible for us to support the agencies and nonprofits serving the specific needs of our local residents and making a difference in our community.
We have a strong conviction to help make sure that people in our communities have a roof over their heads and food in their bellies. Giving back to organizations that provide for those that are hungry, experiencing homlessness or need ministering are areas we will always focus on. Below are some of the great services groups we love:
- One of our long term partnerships is with FoodLink Tulare County because they are incredible with their never ending fight to help combat food insecurity. Their mission is “to promote equitable and dignified access to nutritious, healthy food while also addressing the root causes of hunger through education, advocacy, and food systems change.”
- The work that Salt and Light Works is doing in the Central Valley is making a real difference for our neighbors experiencing homelssness. Their mission is to “cultivate community through dignified homes, jobs and healing for our neighbors experiencing homelessness in Tulare County.”
- We have a super soft spot in our hearts for the Tulare Lighthouse Rescue Mission, who created a much needed women’s shelter in 2006 and then opened their men’s shelter in 2019. We love that they serve up the word of the Lord with the people they support. Their mission is “We embrace the poor and homeless with the compassion of Jesus Christ, as a beacon of hope and healing for a changed life, helping them to find their way home.”
- You may remember our recent blog post where we highlighted the passion project of one of our very own agents, Dave Schlick and the nonprofit, The Village of Hope which was established for the indigenous people of the Mixteco village in southern Mexico. The work they are doing combines three of our greatest passions for giving – homelessness, hunger, and ministry. Their ultimate goal is to “see the lives of staff, missionaries, and locals transformed into the likeness of Christ as the Village of Hope strives with passion and unity to rescue the lost, raise up disciples, and restore hope to the hopeless.”
- One of our most favorite opportunities for giving is with the Kevin Blain Memorial Scholarship program, where we award deserving graduating seniors scholarship monies to pursue further education or trade school. We gave out nine $500 scholarships to the class of 2021. You can read more about the program as well as about our recipients here.
- El Rio Reyes Conservation Trust is a nonprofit regional California land trust whose mission is to safeguard the Kings River and its lands for future generations. The natural resources of the Central Valley are tremendous. Last year as fires burned threatening so much close to home we looked to support those organizations directly protecting resources and helping people displaced by the fires. Read more about the last time we worked with them, in one of our previous blog posts.
- Youth for Christ or you may know it as Campus Life, is a community-based organization impacting the lives of teenagers throughout Tulare and Kings Counties. They serve as Gang Interventionists, Life Coaches, and Chaplains who meet the needs of students to help them be successful in life. It is their vision to “reach every young person throughout Tulare and Kings Counties with the Gospel, and partner with our local churches to disciple them to be like Christ.” They are currently serving in 41 schools throughout Tulare-Kings Counties and Dani Blain Real Estate proudly donated when they were experiencing multiple hardships during the height of the pandemic
- Young Life and Young Lives is a very special organization to us and we support them whenever we can. In their work they “go to kids, build bridges of authentic friendship, and introduce them to Jesus Christ”. We especially get filled up by giving to their teen mom program, Young Lives, where they focus on supporting pregnant and parenting teens through mentorship, community, and a life with Christ.
You have heard us say it before, and we know we will say it again… “we are blessed so that we may bless others”. Our brokerage was built on the ideas that we are here to serve our community, that when you succeed we do, and as your partnership serves us – we will always turn that back around and serve our community. Do you know of a local group that is serving our community that we should know about? We are always looking to expand our reach and help as many groups as we can – so if you have any ideas, please contact us!