Here are the Best Places to Fuel Up in the Central Valley, According to the DBRE Family
Something you may or may not know is that Real Estate Professionals drink 58% percent of all coffee consumed in the US. Hahaha… just kidding, just kidding! We do not have science backing our claim that we all have coffee coursing through our veins at every moment of everyday, only just some anecdotal evidence that would suggest we are coffee experts. So, since we are self proclaimed experts, we figured we would share with you our favorite local spots to grab a nice cup of joe.
Our team here at Dani Blain Real Estate has a wide range of taste as it relates to their coffee shop of choice. From the neighborhood gas station, to making their own at home, and on to the old stand by of Starbucks – and more in between, we will take you through some of the responses we got when we asked about where they go to buy their favorite beverage.
Starbucks is an easy place to love. They are easy to find, you always know that your order will taste the same from location to location, and there are plenty of options on the menu to be able to mix it up often. Lana, our Administrative Director, even has her own favorite Starbucks she likes best. The one on Caldwell and Demaree is her go-to… she loves that it has a drive-thru, its close to the office, and since everyone that works there knows her – they of course love her like we do! Her drink order is nice and simple, a hot Cafe Mocha – but when she is feeling like she needs an extra bit of some sweet goodness, she orders her Grande drink in a Venti cup, so she can ask for extra whipped cream. Genius!
Some other teammates also called out Starbs as their favorite place to get coffee and they may have an order you can try – or shoot, you can even surprise them with their favorite drink, if you’d like! 🙂
- Daisy loves the Iced Shaken Brown Sugar Oatmilk Espresso (but be sure to ask them to hold the cinnamon and add an extra splash of oatmilk.)
- Before Steven Duck was a Realtor, he used to be a Starbucksf barista – so you can bet his order is not only good, but not too high maintenance for the crew member making the drink. He gets a Venti Cold Brew, Classic Syrup, and Light ice (another tip of the trade – less ice = more drink.)
- Jen, our Controller, likes the ever classic Iced Americano… plain and simple, just like she keeps things around the office for us.
- Lori is another oatmilk fan… she likes to get an Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk coffee, shaken – not stirred. (We added the not stirred part, because it was screaming to be added.)
Stepping outside of Starbucks and big chains, there are some great small coffee places here in the Valley you must try if you haven’t yet.
- Reece loves to hit up Vali Coffee on his way to his office with The Shawn Team at The Downtown Dream in Tulare. He says right now is the perfect time of year to try the Pumpkin Pie Cold Brew – and guess what? It is about to get a whole lot easier for him to grab a coffee from them, because they are going to be opening up a shop at the Downtown Dream! Stay tuned on their socials for more details.
- Odalys is a big fan of the Nitro Bike because not only can she get an amazing cup of Nitro infused coffee, but she also loves that every cup is supporting a small, local, family owned business. Her order sounds delicious – she gets an Oat Milk Latte with honey syrup and lavender… mmmm!
- Ruben loves him a good cold brew, and according to him, The Human Bean in Visalia does it best (they also have another location in Tulare.) Apparently, he is the ultimate expert here, because he tells us that his blood type is COFFEE (lol.) He recommends not only the cold brew, but the Java Chips and the Granitas as well, and says that the customer service can’t be beat. Go give them a try and tell them Ruben sent you.
- Lily runs on Iced Oatmilk Lattes and loves that Component Coffee Lab in Visalia makes a great one and also provides the perfect atmosphere to get a little work done – you should check it out, it really does have great ambience.
A few others on our team had favorites that aren’t Sbux and also aren’t one of the mom&pop shops either.
- You will see Leo with a coffee in his hand almost always – but what you will notice about this coffee in his hand, is that it is a to-go tumbler from his HOUSE. Can you believe it? He makes his own coffee and he is all about it… from saving money, to making it just the way he likes it, it is a home brew all the way for him. His mainstay is a Cafe Latte with extra half and half, but he also likes to change things up from season to season. So next time you see him, ask what he brewed for his daily coffee fix.
- Travis’s answer was one of our favorites, because it is so perfectly him. He told us that every morning on his way out of the neighborhood, to start his day with a nice classic cup of coffee, he likes to go to the Valero in Shannon Ranch. He loves the staff and the ease of stopping in to grab and go.
- Ever hear the slogan, “America runs on Dunkin’?” Well, so does Matthew and a classic Iced Vanilla Latte is his old stand by. We have a feeling if our brokerage was on the East Coast, there would be way more people that had this answer – everyone on the other side of the country seems to love this place.
- Davian is a member of the Dutch Mafia, as Dutch Bros. fans like to call themselves. He loves the customer service they provide and goes there so often he even has become friends with a number of them. He respects the way they do business and run each franchise and the way they pour into (pun intended) their employees. He also can’t get enough of this super specific drink – he gets a medium Nitro Cold Brew, 3x sweet with 2 pumps hazelnut, 2 pumps vanilla, and 4 ounces of soft top with a caramel drizzle – only on the soft top (we told you, it was super specific.) He says if you are stopping to do a Starbucks run, he’ll take a water. Haha!
We had so much fun documenting the DBRE crew’s fav brews! Did we miss any of your favorite local places? What about the best coffee shops on the Central Coast? Speaking of, did you know that our Brokerage also serves the entire Central Coast? We have agents who specialize in this area and we love taking a break from the Central Valley heat and popping over to cool off at the coast.